Posted on September 20th, 2012 No comments
The LushOne was designed to be the base module for a more extensive modular synthesizer system. Over the last few months I’ve been working hard on the second module – the LushOne Contour. The first batch of protoype boards arrived last week and apart from a couple of stupid mistakes they seem really cool. The Contour adds the following capabilities:
- Envelope generator with full Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release (ADSR) control
- Voltage controlled amplifier to shape the note volume from the ADSR (or other control) output
- Ring Modulator for wacky sounds
- Signal break in or out to a phono connector
- Extra low frequency oscillator
The ADSR envelope and VCA create much more natural sounding notes with proper sound contours.
The ring modulator meanwhile creates lots of ringing, atonal and percussive sounds.
Hope to get the LushOne Contour in production and available to buy soon.