Note the LushOne kits are no longer available - these pages are kept for reference and interest. You can find the schematics and source code in these documents, but the PCB designs are not currently public.
The LushOne Echo module provides highly flexible delay and echo
effects. All key parameters can be set manually or manipulated using a
control voltage. With the LushOne echo you can simulate room echoes or
create space-age effects. The LushOne Echo also contains an envelope
generator which produces a control voltage based on the amplitude of
the input signal.
The LushOne Echo kit continues the design principles of the LushOne base. A single board design is used to keep costs low. The LushOne echo uses the popular PT2399 digital delay chip with supporting analogue circuits. The PT2399 is a really fun chip. At long delays it gets noisy and creates a lo-fi roughness to the sound. At medium and short delays it has a nice, natural quality. The ability to vary the delay on-the-fly and with a control voltage allows it to create space-age swoops and zaps as well as more normal static delay effects.
The LushOne Echo can be added to any level of the LushOne system. It can be used with just the LushOne Base or integrated in to a bigger system. The audio sample below shows how even with just the LushOne Base and LushOne Echo you can create some amazing sounds.
The LushOne Echo provides:
- Echo effect
- Add echo effects to any input signal
- Adjustable input sensitivity level
- Adjustable level of original input in the output
- Adjustable level of echo in the output with voltage control
- Adjustable level of feedback in the echo circuit with voltage control
- Adjustable delay with voltage control
- Exponential response on delay control for ease of use
- Internal or external feedback switch which allows extra processing functions to be inserted in the feedback loop using the Send/Return connections
- Power-on protection circuit so that the PT2399 chip can be run
at its shortest possible delay without damage
- Envelope generator
- Create control voltage based on amplitude of input signal
- Allows effects to respond to volume level of a sound
- Single board design including all controls and connectors (except
power-in) providing straightforward construction and neat presentation.
A laser cut case is available that contains the LushOne base and the
Inca or it can easily be housed in a project box.
- Open-source access to schematics
The LushOne Echo is straightforward to build but it does have quite a high component count. It is recommended that you have some experience in building electronics before starting on this kit.
LushOne Echo Sounds
All sounds are recorded directly off the LushOne live with no post processing (except fade in/out).
Space sounds - created with just the LushOne Base and LushOne Echo
Musical echo - use of echo to create a sustain effect on a piano sound created from LushOne base and LushOne contour. First played with the echo and then without.
Build the LushOne Echo